Looking for how to make a full time income from home? Or maybe just a few extra hundred bucks a months passively? Well I think you may have just come across the answer – kindle publishing.
Kindle is a program created and hosted by the internet retailing giant Amazon. It enables people to download ebooks and read them on their computers, phones, tablets or kindle readers.
But what is kindle publishing and how can I make money with it?
That is exactly what I am going to be breaking down in this blog post, as well as showing how you can get started making money with it today.
So, what is kindle publishing?
Well, kindle publishing basically consists of creating ebooks that you then upload to Amazon Kindle’s store. Once uploaded Amazon sells them on your behalf and generate you a completely passive stream of income with further work needed to continue receiving profits.
Now you can write these ebooks yourself, but if you’re anything like me when I first came across this your likely thinking along the line of ‘I’m not a writer so how the hell can I make money this way…’. Well, the good news is you don’t need to be. You don’t need to write a single word of these books yourself if you don’t want to. Yes, you read that right, you can make money publishing books you haven’t even written.
Now let be dissect exactly how you go about creating and selling kindle ebooks:
- First, you will need to conduct research into what is selling on Amazon’s kindle store. You’ll be looking for topics with books that are ranking at 100,000 or higher.
- Either write the book yourself OR hire a ghost writer to write it for you – I would recommend a short 40 – 60 page non-fiction book as these are the most straight forward and easiest to create and promote. Ghost writers can be hired very affordably from places such as epicwrite.com, writearticlesforme.com or you can hire a freelance on sites like upwork.com or freelancer.com.
- Once writing is underway you will need to get a book cover. You can create this yourself, or alternatively hire a professional from Fiverr.com for as little as $5 a pop.
- When the book is complete you will need to get it formatted, again you can do this yourself or simply hire someone from Fiverr.
- Next, you will need to create and account with Amazons KDP program and then publish your book.
- Promote it. Now this is optional, but it is something I would highly recommend doing to get the ball rolling with sales. You can do this within the KDP select program itself as well as online ebook directory sites that will give your book a shout out to their readers. You may also choose to do some self promotion on social media sites such as facebook and twitter. If this isn’t something you’re confident in or would prefer someone else to do it, you can simply hire a virtual assistance and they will do it for you.
- Sit back and watch your commissions come in.
It really is as straightforward as that and call all be done in the space of a month, easy. The great thing about this method is even if you choose all the options of outsourcing and paying people, it will likely only set you back around $200. But if you choose to do it all yourself, it will literally cost you nothing.
But how much can you earn with kindle publishing?
Well, with using the method above and assuming your book will be ranked 100,000 or higher, you can expect to earn $50 – $1,000+ per month per book. So say you published 10 books (which is extremely doable), you could expect to make a minimum of an extra $500 – $1,000 a month or $6,000 – $12,000 a year.
Not bad right?
There is also a huge scope to increase the amount of profit you make off of each book by tactics such as turning your ebook into a paper back with the help of Amazon’s create space, or turn it into an audiobook, or even do some affiliate marketing.
These tactics are a more complex but increase your profit significantly both in the long term.
So, what’s next…
Well, if you’re anything like me and find the prospect of investing a small amount of time and money, to then create a passive income stream that will generate money for you for months and even years into the future, while of course enabling you to do it all from home, rather exciting – I would urge you to go and check out the following course – K Money Mastery.
It’s where I learnt a lot about kindle publishing and enabled me to creating and start selling my first ebook within a month of joining.
Stefan, does an amazing job of holding your hand through all the steps and breaks down everything I talked about in much more detail. Visit the following linkg and Stefan will give you a full breakdown of the course and explain exactly what you can expect to learn from K Money Mastery.
Of course, if you have any questions about the above, or have experience of making money on the kindle platform, I would love to hear them in the comments section below.